I have been waiting all year for this! I even got my Celtic Solstice top assembled, although not photographed - too rainy to take good pics.
I did finish completely the quilt I made for my in-laws. This was from a pattern I purchased through Craftsy, called Radiant Jewel - designed by Kimberly Einmo. I made it a little bigger than the original pattern called for - which meant I had to buy more fabric - so sad.
For the back I bought a piece of those wide backing fabrics, but decided that I wanted to add some of the extra blocks down the middle. The quilting is not too innovative - I am struggling trying to maneuver a large quilt in my sewing machine. Smaller blocks are so much easier. Maybe I need a long arm? Santa, are you listening?
But my most fun was starting Bonnie Hunter's new mystery quilt - Grand Illusion!!!
My pinks look more red than they really are in these photos - I've not been able to figure out how to tone down the red on my camera. I was very careful with my seam, trying to get the correct size with nearly no sliver-trimming - Last year when I did CS - I sewed with a skinny seam and trimmed down all the blocks. I thought that this would give me the best chance of accuracy - Silly me! It wasn't until I had to assemble the blocks that I realized that I was cutting off my points - even if I tried to continue with the skinny seams. Grrrrr (Insert mad face)! A painful lesson to learn and one that I am applying now. With the first HSTs - I measured to make sure that I could be as accurate as possible. I have a guide on my machine that is very helpful. Overall, a little more slow going - and they're still all not perfect, but they're the best I can do right now. And they made me very happy!
|This pic taken with my phone has a better representation of the pinks.|
I'm all done with Clue #1 and am waiting for tomorrow - #2 here I come!!
Off to cook dinner.